Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2023

An Interior Design Hobby, Make all your rooms look like the Chateau!

The wall paper in the shower curtain from the dollar store, The reading glasses hide my eyes, as you can see them in my profile with the red white and blue bathing suit. The pink flowers I stored at Roy's house and you guessed it, I never got to see them again.  The are way too expensive to replace.  He didn't leave anyone in his will, because he was not planning on dying. I hear his voice teaching me about birds and cleaning up the yard and lawn.  I think the glasses are also from the dollar store.  You can pick up just about anything with credit from Pier One Imports and the thrift store, just like the TV show, Angel and Dick from Escape to the Chateau.  I am going to show you my Chateaus. From the last 20 years.  When the bathing suit photo was taken, the show Friends and the movie about singles living in the same building and being friends, well we did just that across from the Boca Raton Hotel and Resort.  Those became the backround for my photos and the pool was exquisite they had filled it with dirt and it was covered with grass! We planned on taking a photo of a pool party and no one showed up to the shoot, you know how models get.  So I posed in front of the pay telephone and Volia! An artist was born!  The kitchen we painted a scene from Planet Zeaton, and you could see the landscape with a installed black lightbulb.  My bed, only a full sized mattress, was covered with my Misquito net, that I carried all the way from China, it was only 5 US and I wasn't going to lose it in cargo.
You can see the egg porcelain vase, which was also taken by thieves in Lake Worth Florida at my cottage when I left it in the hallway, silly me. Every time I look for it or it's replacement when in Lake Worth.


In Atlanta, (2000) I studied with the company Jane Fordyce Interiors.(Not their real name)  Pillows Comforters, Sheets, Pillowcases, Candles and Dinnerware was my obsession.  I finally got my things out of the box, from college and hung up my photos, put them in frames and called my new place home.  Later an obsession with the Queen of everything home, Martha Stewart.

Meanwhile  I became"Sheila" on the phone talk line, and prompted suitors to send me home goods instead of money because I was trapped in a woman's prison for insider trading.  I managed to get kicked off that platform a few times but whatever floats their boats.  No one actually got my address, so I bought my own and this is how it looks.  You can design your own room with my flair I will teach you how, from time to time, if you read my blog.
You will need:
1. Two photos from a copy machine
2. Glass Vase, filled with water and plastic lemons
3. Twelve silk roses
4. A blue cup and purple flowers for the table
5. Light yellow Table cloth, I could only get this one with sheen on it. But a flat yellow works best.
6. Blue pillow things for the chairs
7. Vase from China 5 US dollars don't pay more
8. White large flowers for the China Vase
9. Big Purple Flowers,for the Silver bucket, not shown in photo.

Here is my shower in Lake Worth.  It had black and white checkered tiles.  My landlord said not to paint it, but on white it really didn't pop.  The value went up 600 dollars after this and I had to move out! Haha thats funny! All of Lake Worth was expensive we had to pay for the transformer every month at the electric company no one complained.  At least I didn't  The first year was the Gay Parade and coming out from a Gay Relationship was very fitting for me. (I didn't come out, he did!)  I got the great idea from the Sun Sentinel Home section!  My new boyfriend was a chef, and he did not like to come over my apartment.
You will need these items to create the look.
1. Mosquito Net
2. Green cloth shower curtain
3. More blue glass cups for your window. Looks great from the outside
4. Wheat grass plastic plant
5. Bottle from Pier One Imports, light sea glass blue
6. Sheep from the County Fair
7. Basket, Princess Marcella Borgese, hung up for soaps and shampoos.
8. Purple paint from Ralph Lauren, takes a lot of effort so if you do it yourself it takes a while over that white paint.
Here is a close up of the studio.
Parrot in a Cherry Tree


Cyrille was my new boyfriend and his EX girlfriend had this tree up in their restaurant.  If you like restaurants she left him for different chef and she now owns Louie Bossi's in Boca Raton with Louis Bossi!  But I did like the tree, it was white with white lights and I got the Cherries made from wood (!6 dollars) at The Floral Emporium in West Palm. You can fill it with more.

1. White Tree
2. Wood Box
3. Wooden Frames and old post cards
4. Light Purple fabric for curtian
5. Light royal Blue Tie-back
6. Various blue and white vases with red roses, to cover heinous air conditioner, (I put a nice piece of wood for the shelf)
Light Wood frames make your favorite copy of Renoir this one is sisters on the terrace. .  It was my favorite from the house in Atlanta.  If you do the same room as the blogs theme photo, then use a large thick black frame instead.  The print was from the thrift store rather than the usual places, way less expensive.
Nature is important for your healthy living and we shared the pool with a rescued Peking Duck! Named Bill, for his "beak".  All the other birds had beaks but not Bill.  So I let the chlorine out of the pool and tried to encourage him to swim.  I think he just liked to be with the chickens he didn't swim ever.
This is Cathy's pond with some orange fish in it.  I used to like to take photos of them reminded me of Japan.  This aquarium is in the Subway Station!
#japan
Photo by Bob Vail
Cyrille gave me these Sea grass boxes, from Pier One Imports when we split up.  I threw on some sheet music from my singing lessons. Looks great doesn't it? The bedroom should be cozy!
You will need
1. Wood and Green end table
2. Channel perfume (Cyrille got that for me too!)
3. Black match box
4. Big shell from the beach
5. Yellow and Blue ginger vase (Ross Dress for Less)
6. Heirloom doll from your heritage
7. Wire photo frame,with pink roses
8. Tile with Dove, Puerto Rico
9. Sheet music
This is easy to do.  Its a vase from Target stores, the same wheat grass plastic plant, the purple tie-back and a sheer panel from Bed Bath and Beyond called "Shiraz"  Now you just need a bottle of wine!
My car, in Cyrilles new Neighborhood
Here is the view from the beach.  I lived here in 1990's.  I used a old film camera, you can add some Vaseline to the lens (not too much) to get this affect, or just breath on it, the steam should get a similar effect. 


Sooner or later I was house sitting and my friend Rachael had to move.  She gave me this wonderful chair that looks like the Indian throne that is used in marriages. I didn't design the room that I was sleeping in.  I did design the rest of the house with my furnishings, but here are some of the items you will need.
1. Terrarium
2. Urn
3. Red pillows with flowers on them
4. Plant stand
5. Topiarty
6. Doll

Do not use the plastic organizing or the TV entertainment armoire.  Please.

Lets take a break shall we and look for Me and Chloe Wises Interview.  Search for "The View" it was featured on W Magazine online! Also check out Richard Gere, Jane Fonda and Scarlett Johanson's interviews also.


I wanted to make my current bed room look like this. But I will have to use the living room!  So the comforter is from Ikea, the pillows and the pillow cases are from Ross Dress for Less.  The wood is from a store called DEALS and its about 30 dollars, so my friend Lee Prince gave me his from his home, when he had some left over.  Tom Wilson showed me how to do it myself, I did not put it down on the floor, so no glue needed.  I just had my landlord build me a futon, extra large, and added a twin mattress.  there are some candle sticks from Israel. A book, Alice in Wonderland and another book that is actually a box for your remote controls to hide.

1.  Pergo light wood make two steps up if you can! I just used cardboard and then put the Pergo on it.
2. Big fluffy comforter
3. Mattress
4. Candlestick
5. Books
6 Optional.  ( could not find this for less than 400 dollars at the art gallery) Painting of nothing.

This is what it looks like, but I had to move the mattress, I was tired of getting up in the middle of the night and hanging over the side of the stage.


If you notice the color scheme is from the show Friends you are right! Director to make movies in High School! And later my agent had us go at his house in California for a party of 

For this design you need
1. Plaid light purple flannel sheets
2. Shiraz pillow (from Swap Shop is cheaper)
3. Fabric Panel cover air conditioner!
4. Gold Frame
5. Renoir painting copy or other artworks on your Pergo stage
6. Tea cup, Peir One Imports
7. Teddy bear. I gave Teddy collection away Freecycle.org and only this one named Robert Smith was left, a guest at the concert in Fort Lauderdale , I almost gave it to him but I was shy to talk to him.  (The Cure) Thank you for the ticket though! Pick a beautiful bear, mine is twenty years old, and I made a shirt for him to match Cyrilles!

No comments:

Post a Comment